The Common Dog – Boston's Premiere Doggie Daycare and Salon » About » Business Opportunities
Talk to us!
Are you interested in a career change? Do you love animals? We can help you achieve your goals of self employment, while enjoying your love of animals. The most costly and risky part of a new venture is the mistakes made during the start up process. We offer a comprehensive business package and consulting program that can give you the edge that you need to enter or compete successfully in the world of specialized pet care.
Your bankers or investors will feel more confident and you will have instant credibility in the pet industry when you mention our name. Our staff will assist you with all aspects of starting and operating a successful doggie daycare and/or overnight boarding facility. Our staff will work closely with you during the initial site search, assist with permit procurement and attend town planning board meetings* if needed. You will then travel to our location for on the job training in all aspects of our full service doggie Bed And Breakfast. We will then travel to your location for the first seven days of your grand opening and help you interview new clients and train your staff. You will have the edge that you need to make your business a profitable venture.
Advantages of consulting with us:
- You have the expertise of a time proven and profitable company in your corner. You will be looked at favorably by financial institutions and city or town planning and zoning officials if you can provide the answers to their questions and meet their stringent criteria for zoning this type of business.
- We will save you considerable time and money by helping you plan the facility properly. This will include facility design and materials as well as retail inventory and operating supplies.
- We will provide you with the proper manuals, policies and procedures that will be required to be successful in the pet industry.
- We will give you the inside contacts and trade organizations that are necessary to be recognized professionally in our industry.
- We are known nationally, and the goodwill that goes along with our name will help you establish a solid reputation of excellence.
- You will receive one year of telephone and e-mail support after your opening. Problems and questions are sure to happen in any new business venture, we will be there to help you overcome any obstacles.
- Where to start (handout)
- How to operate a successful pet business (manual)
- Employee handbook
- Facility design and materials
- Customer forms complete with your name and logo
- Client agreement and waiver
- Client questionnaire
- Client policies and procedures
- Employee incident reporting forms
- Employee disciplinary warning
- Vaccination reminder
- Health warning letters
- Aged pet release
- Retail order procurement
- Initial startup supply procurement
- Innovative daycare and kennel management software*
- Complete software training
- On the job training at our facility
- Permit and zoning board support
- One week of training at your facility*
- One year of telephone and e-mail support
- Use of goodwill and public relations associated with The Common Dog
- Financial information and planning including pricing formula
Contact us for more information.